We are very excited to announce our online Accreditation & Network Membership system!
You are now able to apply for Chaplaincy Australia Network Membership, Accreditation or Re-accreditation online.
Before you start…
In order to complete the Chaplaincy Accreditation form you will need to answer all the required questions and upload files and digital copies of certificates, photos and general information as required.
For Network Membership you will need:
– A current passport style photo in Jpeg format and
– A creditcard payment ($50.00 for one year) will also be made as part of the application process.
For Accreditations or Re-Accreditations you will need:
– A current passport style photo in Jpeg format.
– All candidates will need to have completed Safer Churches Training and must have obtained their state specific working with children checks.
NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS & WA = Working With Children Check – WWCC
QLD & NT = Blue Card
SA = Police Check
– Your Safer Churches Certificate and your state appropriate working with children’s/police check will need to be uploaded in PDF format (preferred).
– A creditcard payment ($125.00 for two years) will also be made as part of the application process.
You have the option to save your application and return to complete it at a later stage. Please note our online accreditation system works best with Google Chrome.
As a department of the Australian Christian Churches movement (ACC/AOG) Chaplaincy Australia extends a warm invitation to Chaplains from all Christian Denominations to be a part of our Network. Chaplains who are applying from within another Christian denomination will need to sign our statement of faith as part of the application process.
Why should I join the Chaplaincy Australia Network?
As a network member you gain the full support of, and access to, the growing influence that Chaplaincy Australia continues to develop nationwide.
Work with like-minded individuals and sharpen your professional skills.
Gain the support of an experienced Regional Chaplain
Regional gatherings where you can connect with other chaplains and grow
Annual Chaplaincy Conferences contribute to your professional development
Opportunities for specialised disaster response training and deployments
Regular notifications of chaplaincy employment opportunities
Heavily discounted professional development courses through Alphacrucis
Access to a network of Pastoral Supervisors to assist you in self-care.
So be in no doubt that it is worth being accredited and if you are still not sure then speak to us about it!
The process of being accredited with Chaplaincy Australia is relatively simple as outlined below:
- Training: All Chaplaincy ministry requires appropriate training – so whether you are starting out in this ministry or looking at taking a senior chaplaincy role we need to assess that you have undertaken the appropriate Chaplaincy Training and are developing your practical experience. We are keen to assist applicants in this process and if you have not yet undertaken any training we are regularly offering course appropriate to your needs.
- Application: Each applicant needs to complete our online application form and submit it to their State office. The application needs to be endorsed by your Senior or Campus Pastor.
- References: the online process triggers appropriate references which must be returned before we can process your application.
- Interview: When all your paperwork is in order you will then be invited to attend an interview. This is a great way for us to get to know you, to establish a connection with you and also for you to ask any questions you may have regarding chaplaincy. We prefer that these interviews are face to face but they can be conducted by Video Conference or on the phone.
- Accreditation: Following your interview your application is assessed and if successful your accreditation will be endorsed and your Chaplains card will be issued.
Chaplaincy Accreditations Update
We are very pleased to update you on some exciting news regarding National Chaplaincy Accreditation. After a thorough review of chaplaincy nationwide we have made some slight but significant changes to our processes.
These changes reflect the desire of the ACC to release and empower chaplains across all sectors, bringing them together as a united force under Chaplaincy Australia. We are looking towards a future where every ACC church in Australia has a chaplaincy ministry attached and benefitting each local church. This will mean a significant increase in the reach and potential of our network as we become one of the principle providers of Chaplaincy Nationwide.
We now have two levels of Chaplaincy Accreditation – Our previous ‘Chaplaincy Team Member’ has been replaced with ‘Chaplaincy Associate’ and ‘Chaplain’remains the same.
The main changes are that ‘Chaplaincy Associate’now reaches further to people who are starting their journey in chaplaincy, those who have a sense of call in the area and who have undertaken an appropriate level of training and experience for their specific chaplaincy role. We are seeking to involve all people who are working in Chaplaincy within the ACC to join our network – Sports Chaplains and School Chaplains are a particular group that we are reaching out to connect with.
‘Chaplains’ continue to work across all sectors of Chaplaincy Ministry. They are individuals with evidence of a proven calling to the ministry of Chaplaincy, who have completed all required training and have significant experience in their chosen chaplaincy role. The previous requirement of a minister’s credential (SMC, PMC, OMC) has been removed and you now can be accredited as a stand-alone process. This has significantly simplified the administration and reduced the costs of gaining a chaplaincy accreditation.
This is now a nationwide system and we are already seeing signs of growth and health as applications flow in. I again want to thank you for all that you do in the area of Chaplaincy and I would encourage you to keep looking to the Lord to make a way for you to continue to be effective. The best days are ahead of us as we continue to reach all those who are in need!