ACC Chaplaincy Ministry in the ADF
The Australian Christian Churches are one of the Denominations in Australia who provide Chaplains to the Australian Defence Force. Chaplains serve in Navy, Army or Air Force in either full time or part-time capacities.
It is a challenging and rewarding ministry which is not for the faint of heart.
You need to be robust, physically fit, academically prepared, with a wide experience of pastoral ministry. You also need to demonstrate qualities which suit Chaplaincy Ministry and also prove your suitability as an officer within the ADF.
The ADF are currently looking for new Chaplains and are particularly interested in recruiting females to this role.
If you are interested in exploring this ministry please contact Ralph Estherby – the senior ACC Chaplain – ADF for more information.
His email is [email protected]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE AN ACC MILITARY CHAPLAIN?
- You must be physically and medically fit for service in the ADF
- You must have highly developed people skills
- You must be endorsed by the Australian Christian Churches.
- You must be an Ordained Minister (OMC) with at least two years Pastoral Experience.
- You must have a Bachelors Degree inTheology or Ministry (or equivalent).
- You must be willing to provide ‘unrestricted service’ for Full Time or reasonable availability (1 day per week + 2 weeks a year) if PartTime.